Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

All for my mom!

Hey! :D

Again another post... :p

My mother's birthday is in May, but I am already making her gifts. I think I'm not going to have a lot of time in that month, because of school and other things, so I started early this year.

On New Year's Eve I gave my family a lot of gifts, like this awesome zippy wallet for my mom and for my sister. I also changed the tutorial a little bit, not that it wasn't good, I was just too lazy ... :p So instead of the tab, I added an elastic and a button, and that looks like this:


Because I already gave so much, it was a litlle bit difficult to find other ideas for more gifts... But thanks to the many lovely blogs and sites, I found 3 nice ones! :D

I already made one gift, from the great tutorial here. It's a holder for a hand sanitizer! My mom always takes some with her when she goes out, so this is perfect! I can't post a picture of it, because I already wrapped it :p But I can post one when it is wrapped. :)


I just added a felt flower and a little wad of pink paper, cute, isn't it? :)

The other two ideas were this nice card holder and this cool bag.
But by lack of material, all my tries failed ... All my interfacing was used in other projects, so I tried to use an old pink towel as interfacing to make the beautiful loyalty card holder, but that was obviously not a good idea ...


And I also stitched way too close to the edges, so this was what it looked like when you turned it ... A total fail! I'm ashamed... :p


The other gift wasn't such a big fail, but I just didn't have a fabric that matched my main fabric well ... This is my main fabric:


So I thought that a red fabric would match with this, but then I looked around and I saw that I don't have a red fabric! :o

But fortunately I'm going to shop for some new fabrics and other lovely stuff like that ... :)

Thanks for spending your time with me!

Bye! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment